Friday, June 28, 2013

Back up and stay tuned!

Well this is awkward. Now, I'm not sure exactly how many people this will honestly affect, but I just heard about the following. I haven't had it in an email, maybe you have, but it's something to be aware of anyway. This is from Blogger, the platform that runs this blog/library.

Please be advised that on June 30th 2013, we will be updating our Content Policy to strictly prohibit the monetization of Adult content on Blogger. After June 30th 2013, we will be enforcing this policy and will remove blogs which are adult in nature and are displaying advertisements to adult websites.
If your adult blog currently has advertisements which are adult in nature, you should remove them as soon as possible as to avoid any potential Terms of Service violation and/or content removals.

Just like that! So, well. I'm not really sure what it means since of course people are never as clear about their policies as you might like, but it can't hurt to go back up your blog if there's any doubt. Right now. The 30th is only a couple days away and backing up blogger didn't take long. A bit sad to consider how small the backup is after how much time and effort got put into putting it together but anyway.

Similarly, if this blog/page disappears in the coming days, you'll know why and I'll do what I can to keep things up to date. Follow me on Twitter and Google+ with buttons to the right to not lose track of me any time soon.

Original article: Blogger is leaving adult + sex bloggers out in the cold; what now?

No comments:

Post a Comment